Hi everyone!
I am so glad that Keith will get to see many of you while he is in Illinois. I am sorry that I will not be on this trip, but hopefully there is one in my future before too long. We love living in Georgia and especially the proximity to Angie! It has become routine to hear from her via phone/e-mail knowing she is just 45 min. away and seeing her every couple of weeks is just the icing on the cake!
This summer has been filled with a multitude of house projects that we didn't get to during the school year. (I think Keith may be secretly relieved that I am returning to school next Monday!) He has painted the laundry room, the basement stairwell and stairs, worked many hot hours in the yard, gotten our ceiling fans all hung and orchestrated the new countertops. All has turned out beautifully and most of the items on my list have been eliminated! (Of course he hasn't seen the NEW list!) The house is in great shape, but there are things we want to change. It all takes time and money, so I do try to space it out! I think I broke the bank this summer, so we'll see what I can manage for next year! Lucky for me, Keith is who he is!
Bryan and Jayne are well. We saw them at Holden in July with the rest of my family. Almost everyone was there except my parents and Phyl's son, Mat. It is a busy week, but a great one in which we get to see the little ones and visit with the big ones!
I am still in training for the Atlanta 3-Day! I haven't walked for almost 2 weeks as I hurt one of my ankles and needed to let it heal. I'll be doing lots of "cross training" on the bike to strengthen my ankle. I return to walking on Tuesday and will be doing 3 and 5 mile walks next week. I hope to be ready for an 11 mile walk in two weeks. The 3-Day provides us with a training schedule where we build up strength and stamina. We won't actually walk more than 15 miles in any given training walk. I hope to do at least 3 of those before the event. This has been a great experience and I love the peacefulness of walking. During the 3-Day I will be walking with Angie and memebers of her small group from church. They are a great bunch of girls and I am sure they will take good care of their only "senior" team member! I'll keep you posted and definitely send pictures.
NOW - I am working on my shirt/vest. Please send any names of friends you have who have been touched by breast cancer. It would be an honor to put their name on my shirt and walk in their honor or their memory! Thanks again for all your support. Pray for strong ankles!!!!!!!
Love you!
Connie
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Connie
Two new ones that I have for you for your shirt are Lorene Hodel and Judy Sauder. Lorene is taking radiation and Judy is on chemo. So far so good. Mom
Post a Comment