Thursday, July 15, 2010

Hi Everyone!

I am excited that I finally found a perfect way to garden! My neice Jodi and two of her friends have a garden this summer for their FFA project. They plant, weed ,water ,pick and e-mail me what produce they have ready. I e-mail them back with what I want and they bring it to me! It doesn't get any better than that. Also, I saw some friends were selling sweet corn along the road, so I pulled up and one of their granddaughters ran up to my car, asked me how much I wanted, went and got it, put it in my car and took my money. I didn't even have to get out of the car. That night we had BBQ, fresh sweet corn and fresh green beans. It was great. I could garden this way for a long time!

Hope everyone is having a great summer. Duane is getting ready to leave for Canada fishing. He leaves Wed. night and will be back the following Sat. Kayla and I are going out to Iowa City Sunday afternoon as she has a campus visit on Monday to see if they have a program that will allow her to get her degree. She will finish her current program in Dec. but will get a certificate not a degree.

Crystal is doing great at the shop. I'm still helping her but I'm not going out as much. I love it. Of course the grandkids are wonderful and we are looking forward to Beth and Ty's little girl at the end of August.

Love,
Eileen

No comments: